Derecho Fundraiser: "Iowa love" #IOWASTRONG
FREE SHIPPING with promo code: LOVE
100% Net Proceeds donated to the Carson King Foundation for derecho relief & recovery efforts.
Is it "Iowa" or is it "love"? Our Symbol shows it's both!
Hundreds of millions (if not billions) of dollars will be needed for Iowa communities to recover from the damage wreaked by the August 10 derecho storm.
This is why "Iowa love" is teaming up with the Carson King Foundation to raise awareness and financial support for relief and recovery efforts.
Thanks to the support of "Iowa love"-ers over the past 1.5 years, we've been able to help donate more than $50,000 through our T-Shirt fundraisers to support nonprofits across the state.
Most notably we partnered with the Carson King Foundation in April of this year to raise $40,000+ to support mental health services during COVID-19.
For the previous six t-shirt fundraisers, we offered a t-shirt that featured our "Iowa love" Symbol on the chest.
We wanted to make a special design for this effort because not only are we wanting to shine a light on the "Iowa love" that folks are displaying when donating to support relief and recovery, but the individuals that are trying to get back on with their lives after the horrific aftermath are certainly personifying the popular hashtag #IowaStrong.
PROCEEDS & SPONSORS
100% of Net Proceeds are being donated to the Carson King Foundation for derecho relief & recovery efforts.
On August 25, the Foundation donated $30,000 to the following United Way chapters to provide immediate assistance for food support, health care, emergency housing, emergency financial assistance, seniors, and child care.
- United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties
- United Way of East Central Iowa
- United Way of Central Iowa
Additional funds raised will be donated to organizations within the affected areas that provide immediate relief.
NOTE: We welcome you to donate directly to the Carson King Foundation to maximize your dollars' effectiveness as this T-Shirt fundraiser will be donating "Net Proceeds".
Net Proceeds are defined as total revenue minus costs (production, marketing, promotions, operations, fulfillment, payment processing fees, etc.)
It is expected that approximately $15 from each t-shirt sold will be donated. HOWEVER - it is our goal that 100% of each sale is donated thanks to the support of Sponsor Partners.
Our first Sponsor Partner - Sukup - helped us achieve just that by donating $10 to the Carson King Foundation for EACH of the first 1,000 t-shirts sold!!!
If you're interested to be a featured Sponsor Partner to support the expenses involved in this fundraiser, you are welcome to email william @ iowalove.org.
During Check Out, there is an option to leave a Tip. Frankly, because this fundraiser is diverting company resources from regular revenue generation activities, we welcome you to add a tip to help support our continued efforts to share the "Iowa love".
- "Iowa love" Symbol
- A meaningful optical illusion (of sorts) that looks like "Iowa" or looks like "love" depending on how you look at it.
- Featured Design
- "In "Iowa" there is "love", In Love there is Strength" #IOWASTRONG
- Featured Color
- Forest Green - Symbolizes the "forests" of crops and trees that were sadly destroyed during the storm.
- 100% Ringspun Cotton
- Unisex, True-to-Size
- XS - 4XL
- Designed in Iowa
- Screen Printed in Cedar Falls, Iowa by The Shirt Shack
- Fabric dyed and cut in USA
- Orders placed by Monday, August 17 will ship by Sunday, August 23.
- Orders placed by Monday, August 24 will ship by Tuesday, September 1.
- Note: Timelines may be updated based on quantities ordered, etc.
- Are other styles/colors available?
- Unfortunately, because we need to order, produce, and fulfill a large number of these t-shirts within a short amount of time, it's immensely simpler for us to have one style/color. And besides, it forces us to be intentional about the symbolism of the color that we chose. Here, the Forest Green symbolizes the 'forests' of crops and trees sadly destroyed during the storm.